♥ Ava Mason ♥
Elizabeth and the Clan of Dragons
♥ Michael Chatfield & Dawn Chapman ♥
The Vanguard Emerges
♥ J.R. Rasmussen ♥
The Light At Last
♥ Kathryn Andrews ♥
♥ Kip Terrington ♥
The Sleeper Must Awaken
♥ Shannon Esposito ♥
Lady Luck Runs Out
♥ Ahren Sanders ♥
♥ Bobbi Holmes ♥
The Ghost of Second Chances
♥ Cassie-Ann L. Miller ♥
If you missed it, here’s the recap!
♥ London Casey & Jaxson Kidman ♥
Books 2-5 of the St. Skin Series
♥ Cecilia Lane ♥
♥ Christy Pastore ♥
♥ J. New ♥
An Accidental Murder
♥ Layla Frost ♥
Best Kase Scenario
♥ Meg Anne ♥
Crown of Embers
♥ Nicole French ♥
On last week’s episode of Keeping Up With the Audio…
♥ B.R. Kingsolver ♥
Witches’ Brew: Dark Streets, Book 3
♥ Bree Livingston ♥
Her Broken Billionaire Boss
♥ Elizabeth Knox ♥
Here Kitty, Kitty
♥ Kathryn Andrews ♥
♥ Maria Luis ♥
♥ Kristin Mayer ♥
Changed by You
♥ Bobbi Holmes ♥
The Ghost and the Doppelganger
♥ Katerina Martinez & Tansey Morgan ♥
Hellfire and Homicide
♥ Kestra Pingree ♥
Saving the Werewolves
♥ Krista Wolf ♥
♥ Lucy Smoke ♥
Heart of Tartarus
♥ R.K. Lander ♥
Road of a Warrior
♥ Shannon Esposito ♥
Karma’s a Bitch
It’s been awhile since we’ve updated everyone on our recently published audio. This post is to serve as an update for the last couple of weeks, but things are going to be a bit different…
We’re going to start re-directing you to where the audio books can be purchased!
Without further ado, here they are!
♥ Bree Livingston ♥
Her Second Chance Billionaire Boyfriend
♥ Eva Chase ♥
Falling For Gods
♥ Ivy Layne ♥
Compromising the Billionaire
The Counterfeit Billionaire
♥ BJ Harvey ♥
♥ London Lovett ♥
Death in the Park
♥ RK Lander ♥
Path of a Novice
We know, we know…it’s not our last post of the year, but it’s close to it! We figured it would be good for anyone looking into getting published to get the heads up: the results are in, publishing trends are here.
Before we get started though, we want to direct you to the source in which the general info comes from. Opinions and advice are ours! But check out this blog/publishing service.
Let’s get right into it!
- First and foremost, is the decline in reading going to push writers away from publishing their work?
We vote a big fat NO. Reason being, we see the decline in reading as a way to push writers to treat their work with care (and to get into e-Pubbing, but we’ll discuss in a second.) Getting all the pre-publication shenanigans out of the way is something so many people don’t truly pay attention to – so maybe, it’s time we give our precious work some TLC and hire a few people to take a look at what we’ve got.
- Print books remain #1. What does this mean for you?
While everyone (or maybe it was just me) believes that eBooks are the only way to read now, we come here to confirm: this is not true. Print books remain the champion of reading (even if less people do the act of reading.) Now, before you comment and say, “getting my book printed will cost so much money” or “I can’t seal the deal with PRH or Tor or any of those big publishers!” Don’t forget about print-on-demand: the most efficient way for a self-published author to get their book in physical format! So you can still make your way into the print market without a major publishing deal (sorry, big guys.)
- Audiobooks are still on the rise!
We love audiobooks here at HRM. We talk about them enough to say we’re not surprised they’ll continue to rise come the new year.
- We’ve talked about it once, we’ll talk about it again: hybrid/collaborative publishing is important and will continue to rise in popularity in 2019. Why should it be important to you?
Hybrid publishing and collaborative publishing are important mediums to self-published authors (or writers looking into self-publishing.) We want the quality of a major publisher (you know, the big tough editors and the fantastic printing jobs) but since deals from them are far and few between, we need an alternative. An alternative where we have creative flexibility and control over the work in question. These mediums are just that. They provide the quality care to your work as well as giving you the power over it – with consideration, of course. Major publishing houses ensure a bigger paycheck, but why not get your foot in the door to start?
- Marketing is your best friend.
We talk about marketing a lot on this blog. It’s an important part of being a writer/author who wants exposure. If you’re interested in keeping up with a variety of marketing tactics, just use the search bar for this blog and we guarantee you’ll come across something.
Happy Holidays, everybody!
Don’t worry: we’re up.
And we’ve got a list of newly released audio ready for your ears. Get ready!
- Alex Rivers // STOLEN SOUL
- Kate Stewart // THE REAL
- Mila Young // CURSED
- Elle Cross // SO DARK THE NIGHT
- Bella Winters // MY BEST FRIEND’S DAD
- Eva Chase // 2 TITLES
- CONSORT OF PAIN
- DRAGON’S FATE
- Gia Riley // WRONG SIDE OF HEAVEN
- LJ Swallow // THE FOUR HORSEMEN: DESCENT
- Jaxson Kidman // 2 TITLES
- Ashley Meira // SMOKE AND MAGIC
- Crystal Daniels & Sandy Alvarez // THE DARKEST OF LIGHT
- Joanna Blake // RIDE WITH THE DEVIL
- Elle Cross // SO BRIGHT THE DAWN
- Jamie Schlosser // TRUCKER
- Jenna Wolfhart // A TOUCH OF STARLIGHT
- Lisa Suzanne // THE POWER TO BREAK
- Mila Young // CLAIMED
- Kathleen Wheeler // BROUGHT TO OUR SENSES
If you’re interested in seeing what is in the studio, follow us on Facebook! Now onto our July pubs…
- Charlie Hart & Anastasia James // 3 TITLES
- THEIR PHOENIX
- THEIR MATE
- THEIR SIREN
- Elizabeth Knox // BLACKJACK
- Ripley Proserpina // SHADOWS OF THORNS
- Courtney Konstantin // SURVIVE
- Jaxson Kidman & London Casey // 3 TITLES
- 5 YEARS LATER
- ANNA’S DRESS
- DEAR EVERLY
- Eva Chase // CONSORT OF SECRETS
- Frankie Love // BUILT
- L.M. Halloran // DOUBLE VISION
- LJ Swallow // THE FOUR HORSEMEN: CHAOS
- Shari J. Ryan // MANSERVANT
- Violet Duke // BEFORE THAT PROMISE
- Lillian Cole // HIS TO CLAIM
*EDIT: This has been updated for the remainder of April’s releases! We hope to have a longer list every month and include all other releases we work on!*
Hello dear followers!
We’ve decided to share with you all every publication we have had in the last month! We are so proud to represent such amazing and talented authors that we couldn’t keep these to ourselves. Without further ado, these are the latest and greatest releases in the audiobook department:
- Amelia Wilde // ENDLESS KISS Series
- Ivy Layne // 2 TITLES
- THE BILLIONAIRE’S ANGEL
- ENGAGING THE BILLIONAIRE
- Helen Scheuerer // HEART OF MIST
- Yumoyori Wilson // DARK WISH
- Jenna Wolfhart // WITCH’S FURY
- L.C. Hibbett // THE SHADOW WAR
- Katy Regnery // UNLOVED, A LOVE STORY
- Maggie Kirton // MY FIREFLY
- Joslyn Westbrook // CINDERELLA-ISH
- Dan Sheehan // AFTER ACTION
- Michelle Damiani // IL BEL CENTRO
- Emma Dawn // HAREM OF SOULS
- Molly Milligan // RAINING CATS AND DOGS
- T.F. Jacobs // UNTANGLING THE BLACK WEB
- Bobbi Holmes // THE GHOST OF VALENTINE PAST
- J.R. Rasmussen // FORSAKEN KINGDOM
- Nina Walker // 2 TITLES
- Shari J. Ryan // LAST WORDS
- Lew Jennings // 19 MINUTES TO LIVE
- Krista Street // REMEMBERED
- Juno Wells, Miranda Martin // DRAGON’S HOPE
- Eva Chase // DRAGON’S GUARD
- Mark Stone // LOST IN THE STORM
- Ripley Proserpina // BRIAR
- May Dawson // WILD ANGELS
- Stephanie Rose // REWRITE
- J.A. Cipriano, Connor Kressley // DOOMED INFINITY MARINE
- Bobbi Holmes // THE GHOST FROM THE SEA
- Heather M. Orgeron // BREAKWAY
- Juno Wells, Miranda Martin // DRAGON’S KISS
- LJ Swallow // THE FOUR HORSEMEN: LEGACY
- Krista Street // REBORN
- Joslyn Westbrook // HAUTE COUTOURE
- Lidiya Foxglove // PRIESTESS AWAKENED
- Deborah Wilde // THE UNLIKEABLE DEMON HUNTER
- Ben S. Dobson // THE EMPEROR’S MASK
- Willow Rose // TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET
After a successful e-book launch, many authors are left wondering what to do next. Where else can they display their masterpiece? What else can they do to generate more income? How can they get more readers to see their work? What are they missing? The answer to all those questions is, an audiobook.
One of the most important aspects of a successful audiobook is the narrator. A bad narration can easily ruin a wonderful thing… fast. It’s crucial to have the right voice conveying the emotions of your story just as you envisioned it. That ‘sample’ button is what sells the listener to purchase your audiobook and that decision lays heavily on the narrator’s performance in those few quick minutes. One factor to picking the right audio publisher for your audiobook is how involved you want to be in the narrator process. Some authors want to have a say in this crucial decision and others would rather leave it up the professionals because they don’t have the slightest clue as to what makes a good narrator.
Choosing the narrator can be just as stressful as writing the actual book. Whether you are the author or the casting director, here are five key points to remember as your choosing the voice:
- Check the voice pitch and pace – to be sure the person can fit the story and narrator’s role properly.
- You might need a flexible audiobook narrator for multiple character voices, accents, genders, etc. in a fiction novel.
- Take a step away from being the writer or producer of the book, become the listener.
- Trust your intuition.
- And if all else fails, especially for authors who have never done this before, search some of the best audiobook narrator lists online. They can point you in a direction you never thought of looking.