Wondjina | Australia
Cloud and rain spirits that deliver monsoons.
- These spirits created the landscape and humans living on it. Talk about a God.
- They painted their image on cave walls and entered a waterhole once they’ve found a place to die.
- While the appearance of the Wondjina spirits vary, due to how they’ve painted themselves, they are more commonly known to have large upper bodies and heads. They have eyes and a nose…but no mouth.
- A missing mouth is sometimes attributed to the fact of how powerful they may be. If they spoke, rain would never stop!
- Their control of the weather only occurs when someone breaks the law. They’ll bring floods, lightning, and cyclone.