Uchchaihshravas | India
“Seven-headed flying horse that became king of horses.”
- The uchchaihshravas is the steed of the God King. But also the horse of the King of Demons.
- The horse is described to be snow white, probably attributed to the creation of the horse. It came to life during the churning of the milk ocean, also called Samudra manthan.
- Wonder what the name of the horse means? Long ears or neighing aloud. This is a pretty straight forward description of what horses embody.
- Before becoming the King of horses, the uchchaihshravas was deemed the best of horses and a prototype by his master, Indra.
- When born, there were other treasures who came from the churning of the milk ocean. The king of horses was not lonely!