Nuppeppō | Japan
“Passive, genderless blob one can eat to gain eternal youth.”
- This yōkai has a pungent body odor because it’s supposedly made up of corpses. I knew there was a catch…Makes it that much harder to eat.
- While other spirits have some form of origin tale…the nuppeppō doesn’t. Even though it’s been around since the 18th century.
- You’ll most likely find this blob in deserted streets, abandoned temples, and…you guessed it…graveyards.
- They are entirely harmless!
- Although the blob is just that…a blob…the nuppeppō has folds all over it. Which makes it look like it has eyes, a nose, a mouth, arms and legs.