We’re at it again with the audio publications. If you’re interested in seeing what is in the works, we recommend following us on Facebook or seeing our memes on Twitter. Get ready to dive in!
- Eva Chase // DRAGON’S DESIRE
- Marion Kummerow // UNRELENTING
- Mila Young // CHARMED
- Michael Chatfield // SACREMON
- Charleigh Rose // BAD INTENTIONS
- Isabella Starling & Demi Donovan // TEACH ME DADDY
- Isabella Starling // PEEP SHOW
- Diana Forbes // MISTRESS SUFFRAGETTE
- Jenna Wolfhart // A SONG OF SHADOWS
- Marion Kummerow // UNYIELDING
- Amie Knight // AN IMPERFECT HEART
- J.H. Croix // 4 TITLES
- BURN FOR ME
- BURN SO BAD
- HOT MESS
- SLOW BURN
- J.L. Bryan // THE TOWER
- Kate Canterbary // FRESH CATCH
- Ashley Meira // HIDDEN MAGIC
- BJ Harvey // SECOND CHANCE
- Elle Cross // GRIT
- Eva Chase // CONSORT OF THORNS
- J.R. Rasmussen // A DARK RECKONING
- Lidiya Foxglove // PRIESTESS UNLEASHED
- Lillian Cole // HIS TO CLAIM
- Alex Rivers // HUNTER’S SOUL
- Crystal Daniels & Sandy Alvarez // UNDAUNTED
- June Winters // FORBIDDEN PUCK
Title: Center of Gravity Author: K.K. Allen Genre: Contemporary Sports Romance Release Date: September 20, 2018 Blurb A FLIRTY, SEXY, AND HEARTFELT FORBIDDEN SPORTS ROMANCE SET IN THE WORLD OF PROFESSIONAL DANCE. (STANDALONE) Lex I came to L.A. with dreams bigger than me. To learn from the best choreographers in the business and secure a […]
via Book Review and Blog Tour – Center Of Gravity by K. K. Allen — The Curious Chapter
Xana | Spain
“Exquisite female water nymphs with hypnotic voices.”
- Unlike the ceasg from Scotland, the Xana can be found in fresh water, not seawater. Places like fountains, rivers, waterfalls, or forests with water banks. They also are not mermaid-like creatures. They have legs like me and you!
- With her charm, no one could reject her. She always gets what she wants whenever she speaks.
- A xana can also be a beneficial spirit/entity. She can sing songs of peace and love, gift people love water, gold, or silver to those worthy.
- They can bear children but cannot raise them. Instead, they swap their offspring with human babies (sort of like changelings) and let them live on. They’re called “xaninos” or “xanin” (plural versus singular.)
- If the name “xana” translated to anything, no one knows what it is. Some think it relates back to the goddess, Diana…but we don’t see the correlation.
…our reading becomes a bit more spookier!
At the top of our list is A Killer’s Mind by Mike Omer, one of our writers with HRM. Published by Thomas & Mercer, an Amazon imprint, we are so excited to display this on our shelves!
Want a blurb? Here you go:
Three Chicago women have been found strangled, embalmed, and posed as if still alive. Doubting the findings of the local PD’s profiler, The FBI calls on forensic psychologist Zoe Bentley to investigate.
Zoe quickly gets off on the wrong foot with her new partner, Special Agent Tatum Gray. Zoe’s a hunter, intense and focused; Tatum’s a smug maverick with little respect for the rules. Together, they must descend into a serial killer’s psyche and untangle his twisted fantasies, or more women will die. But when the contents of three inconspicuous envelopes reveal a chilling connection to gruesome murders from Zoe’s childhood, suddenly the hunter becomes the hunted.
How do you feel about censorship? Is it same way publisher’s feel about Target’s censoring of book descriptions?
Our opinion is: a big corporation is messing with authors exposure and threatening the art of writing altogether. In the case of companies censoring book descriptions, this is inserting issues into the marketing of that particular book. Meta data is at stake. And if you live in the same technologically-driven society we live in, say goodbye to exposure. It’s not happening.
If you’re looking for a book, you should be able to search for it. If you can’t find a specific boo, you should be able to write and market it successfully.
If you haven’t already noticed, this week’s mythological creature doesn’t have a photo. The reason behind this is mainly…there weren’t any paintings drawn up about this legend – more word of mouth. So do what you want with the information provided today! Or you can look up this creature to gather an idea of how modern adaptations portray this creature!
La Guita Xica | Spain
“Green, serpentine dragon that protects the people of Catalonia.”
- La Guita Xica was brought into Catalonia legends in 1890. It began as a demon but morphed into a protective entity over the villages.
- More known as La Guita Xica, there are MANY names given to this serpent.
- Labeled as a “dragon,” this creature is half-mule! Mainly because mules were prominent in the nearby mountains.
- Because La Guita Xica is considered a protector…there are festivals to celebrate the dragon, where the handcrafted dragons shoot fireworks.
- The neck of the dragon is compared to that of the Loch Ness monster. I think we may have solved something here…
We always need a friendly reminder to not rush.
If you’re a bit slower on the creation process, don’t let outside influences push you to think you’re not writing fast enough. With speed, may come plenty of plot holes, missing events or a lot of fluff. Readers can easily be turned away.
Take your time building your story, creating your characters, and finalizing the setting. Don’t let your writing fall victim to the speed demon wishing to take control within you!
It’s true! As cliche as it sounds, age really is just a number.
Whether you feel you’re too young or it’s past your time to start, we want to remind you: it doesn’t matter.
If you’re one of those people thinks they’re too young…think again. Below is a list of authors who wrote their best-sellers before the age of 21. Check out the blog for their ages and story behind the publication.
- ALEXANDRA ANDORNETTO
- GORDON KORMAN
- CHRISTOPHER PAOLINI
- KODY KEPLINGER
- S.E. HINTON
Unicorn | Greece
“Dazzling horse with a spiral horn.”
- The unicorn did not come from Greek mythology but rather from Greek literature but has been referred to in ancient myths of India and China.
- Drinking from the horn of a unicorn can help or protect from stomach trouble, epilepsy, and poison.
- Inspiration for the description of the unicorn in Ctesia’s work is most likely the Indian rhinoceros.
- They’re representative of independence and grace.
- If you come across a unicorn, they’ll always run away. So, no on is going to believe you.